2008年2月1日 星期五

Happy Birthday to my mama in Taiwan!


I know in Taiwan it is no longer February 1st, but it still is in Denmark I want to take the last chance to congratulate you, mama! You look good for 53! And Dad, happy 28th anniversary today! Nevin, (previously known as Andrew) originally suggested me to write a letter so that he could read it to ya'll. I didn't want to 'cuz I know it's going to make you two frickin' cry, which I don't want to see(not that I can literally see it myself but still!) I got two pictures of my lovely family that I'd like to share. The occasion was some distant family member's wedding. I think my parents look pretty good as 50-something (Save me some red-envelope money, please, haha)

Right this minute I'm looking at Danish newspaper clippings conerning health care in Denmark. Even though my Danish is still toddler's level, but I am smart:) I found some archives of newspaper that I can use. So instead of reading those clippings, I found their on-line version and use a wonderful Danish-English translating website. The accuracy is amazing high. The web address is : http://www.gramtrans.com/. You can translate Danish, Swedish, Norwegian into English and vice versa, and if you pay about 30 USD like I did, you can get unlimted access to the service.

Tomorrow(Saturday) afternoon we're going to have a internal meeting before our first workshop with the client. We already had a kick-off meeting on Tuesday, and my teamate, Lars, and I did a presentation about our desktop research so far and the information we had recieved from the client. The clients were very well-prepared and had a lot of industry knowledge, and our job is to utilize it and sort it in a systematic and professional way, which I don't quite know yet, but the senior consultant Alex, Edward(our supervisor), Daniela(our coordinator) seem to be very good at asking the right questions and controlling the pace of the meeting. Lars also dug out the right kind of informaiton and the clients seemed to be very pleased about it. It's just very interesting and also rewarding for me to watch these bright and experienced people working. Hpefully I'll be able to do that one day as well.

What else..oh yeah, and this morning the teacher at my language school called in sick, so I didn't have to go to class and was able to stay at home all day, so I had more time to look at the clipings. This is a good and productive day....I love it!

沒有留言: